The Myanmar Pig Partnership comprises a multidisciplinary team including vets, microbiologists and social anthropologists from across the UK, Myanmar and Vietnam.
There are four partners:
- The University of Cambridge (lead)
- The STEPS Centre
- Myanmar Livestock Breeding and Veterinary Department
- University of Oxford Clinical Research Unit, Vietnam
There are also two official collaborating institutions:
- The Food and Agriculture Organization of the UN (FAO)
- The Genome Analysis Centre, Norwich, UK
The Partnership is funded by UK Research and Innovation (UKRI), the UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO), and UK Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (Dstl) under the Zoonoses and Emerging Livestock Systems (ZELS) programme.