Our conference featured keynote speeches with ideas on sustainability and the sciences; and a roundtable on policy for the 2012 Earth Summit.
Keynote speech 1: Prof Melissa Leach, STEPS Centre
Melissa explains the STEPS Centre’s “pathways” concept, with illustrations from our work on health, water & sanitation, and food & agriculture.
Keynote speech 2: Prof Arun Agrawal, University of Michigan
Prof Agrawal examines how responsible the social sciences are in their use of human subjects and cases.
The videos from the policy roundtable are below, after the jump.
Rio+20 Policy/Research Roundtable
A roundtable on sustainability research and its implications for policy, in the run-up to the Earth Summit 2012.
Extracts from the roundtable:
- Andrew Scott, Practical Action
- Nicole Dewandre, European Commission
- Yvan Biot, Department for International Development
- Derek Osborn, Stakeholder Forum
- Camilla Toulmin, International Institute for Environment and Development