- This event has passed.
Resilience 2017: Resilience Frontiers for Global Sustainability
20th August 2017 @ 8:00 am - 23rd August 2017 @ 3:00 pm
STEPS Centre members and our partners from the Pathways to Sustainability Global Consortium will be taking part in the Resilience 2017 conference in Stockholm on 20-23 August 2017.
The conference will discuss resilience as a key lens for biosphere-based sustainability science. It will reflect back on the scientific progress made, and aim to set out exciting future directions for research. A main focus will be on global sustainability challenges and opportunities, which today are heavily influenced by the speed, scale and connectivity of the Anthropocene.
The conference includes the following contributions from members of the STEPS Centre and Global Consortium:
- Transdisciplinary research as transformative space making: Co-productive capacities and the redistribution of transformative agency for pro-poor adaptive governance of environment and health issues in urbanising India (Fiona Marshall, SPRU/STEPS, Ritu Priya, JNU/STEPS South Asia Sustainability Hub and Jonathan Dolley, SPRU)
- What does it take to create space for the marginalised in messy transdisciplinary engagement? (Marina Apgar, IDS/STEPS)
- Marina Apgar is also one of the authors of the presentation ‘Reflecting on multi-level governance from the experience of rights-based community conservation’, along with Simone Lovera (Global Forest Coalition).
- Promoting spaces for social-ecological transformation: The Transformation-lab in Xochimilco social-ecological system (Lakshmi Charli-Joseph, J. Mario Siqueiros-García, Hallie Eakin, David Manuel-Navarrete)
- Methods for social-ecological systems: Accounting for the complex (Andy Stirling and others)
- Transformative spaces for rethinking and redirecting agricultural system trajectories in Argentina: an application of the idea of T-Labs (Anabel Marín, Patrick van Zwanenberg and Almendra Cremaschi)
- Per Olsson of the Stockholm Resilience Centre will also be chairing and speaking at a number of sessions. SRC are hosts of the conference.
See the Resilience 2017 conference website for more information, including a full programme.