- This event has passed.
Negotiating Epistemological Frameworks and Normative Commitments Across a Transformative Knowledge Network
October 16 @ 10:30 am - October 17 @ 12:00 pm
Part 1, in the FAU Auditorium, will be on Wednesday 16 October, 11:10 – 12:45 (GMT-3)
1. Introduction. (Adrian Ely)
2. Reflections on Theory, Methods and Action – The Role(s) of Researchers in Transformations to Sustainability. (Adrian Ely)
3. Bioleft: A Story of Emerging Change First Led by Academics but Now Co-Owned by a Complex Network of Actors. (Anabel Marin, Patrick Van Zwanenberg, Almendra Cremaschi)
4. Mobilized Publics, Contradictory Interests and Divergent Imaginations: CoProducing Knowledge and Practices for Sustainable Urban Water Management in Gurgaon, India. (Pravin Kumar Kushwaha, Dinesh Abrol, Bikramaditya Chaudhary, Prachi Jha)
Part 2, in room 2002, Torre 15, will be on Thursday 17 October, 10:30-12:00 (GMT-3)
1. Introduction. (Laura Pereira)
2. Co-Producing Research and Action for Transformations to Sustainability in Argentina: Can Empowering Logics Also Be Instrumental? (Patrick Van Zwanenberg, Anabel Marin, Almendra Cremaschi)
3. Exploring Collective Agency for Sustainability Transformations: A
Transdisciplinary Process in the Xochimilco Social-Ecological System T-Lab. (Lakshmi Charli-Joseph, Hallie Eakin, J. Mario Siqueiros-García, Beatriz Ruizpalacios, David Manuel-Navarrete, Rebecca Shelton)
4. Understanding the Sustainable Development Prospects of Mobile-Enabled Solar Home Systems in Kenya. (Victoria Chengo)
5. Social Impact of Environmental Policies and Economic Green Transitions in China – A Case Study of Hebei. (Lichao Yang)
For more information, see the conference programme.