- This event has passed.
How can makerspaces, fablabs and hackerspaces help cultivate sustainable developments?
26th October 2015 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pmFree
45 Vyner Street, London, E2 9DQ United Kingdom
Interest in the social, economic and environmental possibilities of makerspaces and the maker movement continues to grow. This event brings together people involved or interested in sustainability activities to share, discuss, and reflect upon their experiences.
In the discussions, our objective will be to consider strategies for promoting and reinforcing the roles makerspaces can and could play in sustainable developments, including extending connections with opportunities in wider society and economy.
- Trystan Lea, Open Energy Monitor
- Janet Gunter, Restart Project
- Didac Ferrer, Tarpuna Co-operative & Ateneus de Fabricació Digital, Barcelona
- Sophie Thomas, RSA Great Recovery
- Max Wakefield, Demand Energy Equality
- Richard Clifford, MAKLab, Glasgow
- Justyna Swat, POC21 and OuiShare
- Liz Corbin / Mark Miodownik, Institute of Making, London
- Susana Nascimento, ex-Vitruvius FabLab and Joint Research Centre – Brussels,
- Ann Light, Professor of Creative Technology, University of Sussex
Free entry, registration required (see below).
- 9am – tea & coffee
- 10am – event starts
- 5pm – event ends
Register / More info
Full details: CIED event page
Register: Eventbrite (registration deadline: 11 October)
Contact: Bettina Zenz – firstname.lastname@example.org
Float like a Fab Lab, sting like a Honey Bee (Medium.com)