A debate with Caroline Lucas MP and others on 17 May 2012 at the Brighton Fringe Festival to discuss action for sustainable development leading up Rio+20 and beyond.
Climate change, famine, financial turmoil. With the future looking bleak, will the United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development in Rio this June save the planet? Or can citizens, governments and businesses change track to create a greener, smarter and fairer world?
The event is free to attend and all are welcome. This event is part of the Brighton Fringe Festival.
- Caroline Lucas, Green Party MP for Brighton Pavilion
- Solitaire Townsend, MD of the sustainability communications agency Futerra
- Thurstan Crockett, Head of Sustainability and Environmental Policy, Brighton and Hove City Council
- Nick Robins, Head of HSBC’s Climate Change Centre of Excellence
Chair: Tom Clarke, Science Editor, Channel 4 News.
- Date: 17 May 2012
- Time: 7.30 – 9 pm
- Venue: Jubilee Library, Jubilee Street, Brighton, BN1 1GE, UK
STEPS and Rio+20
This event was part of our series of activities around Rio+20 – the United Nations Sustainable Development Conference in June 2012.