- This event has passed.
Public Roundtable: Nature As Commodity
19th March 2015 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pmFree
Fishery bycatch offsetting in Canada, catastrophe bonds in the US, weather derivatives in Ethiopia… What is at stake with the financialisation of nature? Where do we go from here?
- Melissa Leach (Director, Institute of Development Studies)
- Hannah Mowat (Fern, Belgium)
- Larry Lohman (The Corner House)
- Antonio Tricarico (Re:Common, Italy)
- Bram Büscher (Wageningen University)
This public roundtable discussion is organised by the Centre for Global Political Economy, University of Sussex and the STEPS Centre, and financially supported by Sussex University’s Doctoral School’s Researcher-Led Initiative (RLI) fund. It is linked to a conference exploring critical perspectives on the financialisation of nature.
All welcome – free entry
Share this event with others